mini gift guide :: cyclist

Know a cyclist? Here are ten gift ideas to consider:

[click on each image for details + pricing]

Do you enjoy bike riding? If yes, what kind of bike-related gifts would you want to receive?

*** Mini Gift Guides are a new thing here at Metropolitan Mama! Every week or so, I’ll feature creative gift ideas in specific categories. Let me know if you have a recipient that you would like me to feature.

Comments

1. says

I would love it if someone bought me a new helmet. Helmets should get replaced every two years or so (the padding inside breaks down!), but good ones are SO expensive. A good headlight and rear light set would be a nice gift (complete with the all important rechargeable batteries). Oh, maybe something fun like a jersey or bike socks.

But I’m totally digging that key rack…

2. kristen says

The camelback, the clean ride, and the cliff bars are right on the mark! Well done! :) And with Father’s Day coming up…. hmmmmmmm…. :)

• Stephanie says

Tim agreed with those three things too. He did, however, point out that many of the other items were on the girly side. My response? “Girls are cyclists too!” (Not me though). ;)

3. says

I have an Aunt and Uncle who cycled across France before their children were born. She took a lot of pictures and kept a journal – years later she was able to make a scrapbook about the trip – because she kept the journal! I think all of these gift ideas are great – and for distance cyclists an all-weather journal would be another good option!

4. says

Thanks for the suggestions! I’m a sucker for the charm necklace (although I’m not a cyclist). My sister however, is a triathlete with a new home. Hmmm, wondering if I could get those cute pillows in swim, bike, run… got to check it out.

5. Susanna says

Love the cycling gift ideas! Another idea is a wrist or shoe ID tag…a must have for anyone who rides on the road.