preschool camp

This is the first time I’ve ever “packed a lunch” for my kids.

We stocked up on string cheese, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, pretzels, goldfish, peanut butter squeeze packs, fruit leathers, turkey, and mandarin oranges for the week.

The first morning of preschool camp (with our church), they woke up at 5:45am out of sheer excitement. Normally, they sleep until 7:45, sometimes 8:30. Tim grumbled about it mid-morning, but the truth is we both remember that feeling…being a kid, knowing that TODAY was the day of that something you’ve looked forward to for weeks.

Later, they stood at the door, lunch boxes and water bottles in hand. Ages 3 and 5. “Wait,” I call before they walk out. I run to get my camera. SNAP.

Cherish them. Listen to them. SEE them. I tell myself.

Today, they go out the door to preschool camp. Tomorrow, they go to high school.

Comments

1. says

Your children are beautiful! They will enjoy the camp. I remember that childhood excitement and it is all too cute to watch my son do the same now. He gets excited about the simplest things :-)

2. Sarah R says

Wow! Way to tug at my heartstrings with the last sentences! As I said in an earlier post, it’s becoming easier for me to let those moments slide as I’m preoccupied with the baby. Thanks for the reminder to cherish the little moments.

PS – Tell Tim our son wakes up at 6:00 AM EVERY day! :) Luckily he’s a great napper!

• Stephanie says

Isn’t it great? I bought it at Twice As Nice, a local consignment shop. The brand is xhilaration (made by Target).

3. Kristen says

Impressed that Livy enjoyed it!!!! I think Sam would LOVE something like that now, especially if he could go with Kayla! :) But Ailey would still hate it.

4. says

I LOVE that last picture. Such a true snapshot of a moment in time.

How great that they can go to camp together! William has Vacation Bible School starting in a couple of weeks but Lucy was a year shy of making the age requirement this year. So next year they’ll be together. And they will have a blast! Keep us updated on how it goes.

5. Caryn B says

your girls are growing up do fast! Mine is about to start kinder in the fall and I can’t believe it….

6. says

They are so cute. Congratulations on the first day of camp.
    my girls (3 and 5) went to a summer camp together this week for the first time ever. Although my 3-year old refused to stay the first day, she stayed the second day and all the days after. All because her older sister could not stop talking about the fun she had :)

I bought a food thermos for each so I can pack hot lunches – these work great – http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MU0LJM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=mybuschi-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001MU0LJM

7. says

Cherish them. Listen to them. SEE them.

I love that. I remind myself of that ALL THE TIME when I’m home and have about 50 bagillion things to prepare for the next day at work….and I set it all aside to play pattycake, or read a story (or 10!), or dance party in the living room with my little muffinhead. Fleeting isn’t it. It’s all so fleeting.

8. Jenn says

Such a fun thing for them to get to do!

I’m jealous though… my kids are almost always up between 5:30am-6:30am, I’d love it if they usually slept until 7:30 or 8!

9. says

Yay! So glad they had fun! Analise gets to go to Vacation Bible School on Monday….she has been waiting for a year…the past two years she has LOVED it! I love it too…I never got to do things like this when I was young and it brings my heart so much joy that my kids (and yours too) get to learn about Jesus in such fun ways!