The first two weeks of breastfeeding were harder than I expected. The pain was excruciating and the pace was exhausting – every one to two hours – night and day. Fortunately, there were a few items that helped to alleviate my discomfort:
- Lansinoh Lanolin cream – for sore, bleeding, tender, or cracked nipples
- Lansinoh Ultra-Soft Disposable Nursing pads – buy at least two boxes (the ultra-soft ones really are better)
- 6+ Washable nursing pads
- 2-4 Comfortable nursing bras without underwire – get sized about 2-4 weeks prior to your due date
- Stretchy, nonclingy tops or nursing camisoles – for easy access
- Heating pad – to help with engorgement and other aches & pains
- Breast pump – Enter to win a free Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump at www.lansinoh.com.
After the first few weeks, things improve dramatically so don’t give up! After the first month, your need for creams and breast pads will most likely disappear and you will settle in to a beautiful routine.
Stay tuned for more breastfeeding hints and tips.