It’s been almost 10 weeks since my baby girl was born.
I’m feeling recovered, ready to run again.
But my muscles are flimsy and weak.
Thus far, my post-baby workouts have consisted of going on walks about every other day with my family and doing 75-100 crunches a few times a week.
I have also gone running by myself twice. Short, pitiful runs at a snail’s pace…but runs nevertheless.
Pretty soon, though, I need to “ramp up” my workout. To tone up. To trim up. To be strong and healthy. For myself. For my girls. For the future.
Here’s my “fitness plan” for summer/fall 2009:
- Do 100 crunches at least 3 X a week.
- Do 32 reps with my 5 lb. weights to tone my biceps at least 3X a week.
- Take advantage of cooler nights (whenever they bless us with their presence) for family walks or jogs.
- Get a second single jogging stroller or a double jogging stroller so that running can be a family affair again.
- Train for a 5K.
This weekend is all about getting and staying in shape – whether you had a baby six weeks ago, six months ago, or sixteen years ago. Stay tuned for fitness-related articles, product reviews, and giveaways.
YOUR TURN: What is your current fitness routine? What is your “plan” for the upcoming months? How do you “beat the heat” in the summertime?
* Image via Atrocious Album Covers