Oh. My little Baby Boo.
In just a few short days, you will be 9 months old. Closer to age 1 than age 0.
It seems like just yesterday I was carrying you inside of me. Now, I am carrying you on my hip and in my ERGO baby carrier. Soon, you will be walking and then I will be carrying you more in my heart than in my arms.
- you are crawling (quickly, everywhere)
- you are babbling and laughing and gurgling and shrieking (much to your daddy’s chagrin)
- you are standing (with assistance)
- you are eating most anything that we eat (in teeny tiny pieces)
- you try to put every.little.thing in your mouth (which means we have to watch you ever so carefully)
- you often suck your ring finger and your middle finger on your right hand (we like to say that you are saying “I love you” in sign language…such a smart baby!)
- you hate being alone (if we all walk out of the room, you go into quite a panic)
- you love the water and I mean LOVE it (you like drinking it and being in it and you kick your legs with excitement when we put you in the bath – and you don’t mind a bit when the water gets in your eyes)
- you hate being in your car seat (seat belts and buckles are distressing to free spirits…your sister is the exact same way)
- you love being held (which, I am convinced is quite healthy and normal and wonderful)
You make everyone smile. All of the time.
Because – you are peaceful and pretty and sweet and smiley. You always have been, actually. From birth.
You are a light in this house, a sunbeam of hope and joy and pure loveliness.