Have you noticed my new eyeglasses? I’ve been wearing them quite a bit lately.
Here’s my vision history in 10 points:
- I first got prescription glasses when I was in high school.
- I should have had them much earlier, but my parents didn’t really believe in the whole going-to-the-doctor thing.
- I have astigmatism in one eye.
- At the time, I only wore glasses when I was driving or when I had to sit in the back of classrooms.
- It continued this way for years.
- After I had my second baby, I noticed a DRAMATIC decrease in my vision.
- When I went to the eye doctor, she confirmed what I already knew and said, “Changes in vision are VERY common during/after pregnancy and breastfeeding.”
- I requested contacts and, after a few days of craziness trying to figure out how to put them in and take them off, I finally figured it out. Now I like them a lot more than glasses (for a variety of reasons).
- Glasses still come in handy, however, and I recently got a new pair from GlassesUSA.
- Someday, after I’m all done having babies, I hope to get Lasik.
NEW GLASSES (they’re the First Lady frames):
Which do you like better (or do you think another style would look better on me)? Tell it to me straight.
WIN IT! One winner will receive a pair of single vision glasses online from GlassesUSA. To enter, leave any topic-related comment on this post prior to Saturday, July 17th at 11:59 p.m. All generic comments like “Enter me!,” “Love it,” and “Cool stuff!” will be disqualified. Winner must provide a US mailing address.
* Glasses USA sent me a sample for review purposes and is also providing 1 pair of glasses for the giveaway.
*UPDATE* The winner is #30 Allison. Congratulations!