We often talk about moving.
Somewhere cooler. Somewhere greener. Somewhere with parks and mom + pop ice cream shops and places for kids (imagine that!).
But then again – Southern Arizona DOES have its own charm.
On the bright side…
- We have sunsets that are world-renowned. Spectacular.
- We have sunshine – 350+ days of it.
- We have mountains (and, really, I am SUCH a Mountain Girl).
- We have mild winters (no snow shoveling or scraping ice off of windshields or driving on frozen streets…no siree).
- We have the smell of the desert before and after it rains.
- We have the ability to get to the ocean or the snow in about 4-6 hours.
- We have beauty. Waterfalls. Mountaintops. The extraordinary colors of the desert.
- We have extended family around us (that’s a BIG bonus…even if they do sometimes drive us crazy). ;)
- We have friends (there are lots of nice people here).
We also have tarantulas (there was one in our backyard tonight!) and scorching hot summers. Oh, wait. I’m still supposed to be focused on the bright side…
The best thing about living here (or anywhere)?
We have each other. Tim, me, our girls. We are wildly, ridiculously happy.
And the whole truth is that it doesn’t really matter where we are as long as we’re together.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose (and why)?