We've had our Maytag Bravos XL Washer & Dryer for five months now.
I've been trying very hard to think up any "cons" of the set and...nothing is coming to mind.
Compared to our previous set, this duo is top-of-the-line.
Our favorite things:
- Extra-large capacity. We can fit our queen size comforter with room to spare.
- Super quiet. While running, the washer and dryer are pleasantly hushed. Sometimes I forget we even have laundry even going (which is not always a good thing!).
- Steam refresh cycle. When/if we do forget to take the clothes out of the dryer, we can use this special cycle to rejuvenate our clothing and take out the wrinkles.
- Deep cleaning cold cycle. It provides the cleaning performance of a warm water wash cycle with the energy savings of cold water. Great for our gas bill!
- Handwash cycle. Confession Time! Whenever I buy anything that says "dry clean only" or "handwash," I still put it in the washer. The way we see it, if it can't be washed via machine, then we probably don't want it. That said, we do opt for the gentlest setting possible. Maytag's delicate cycle does this job very well, preserving our fanciest frocks.
- Easy control panel. The buttons and settings are pretty self-explanatory. No need to break out the owner's manual.
- SmoothClose washer lid. The washer has a unique hinge design that allows the lid to close slowly. This helps to prevent fingers from getting smashed or clothes from getting snagged.
- Energy Star Label. This essentially means that it's a product that offers savings on energy bills, while reducing pollutants caused by the inefficient use of energy. Yay for a cleaner environment - in my home and around the world.
- Pretty. The white and grey color scheme is understated and elegant. The rounded design is modern.
- Peak performance. Thus far, we can attest that the Bravos XL washes clothes thoroughly and gently - with plenty of features that fit the needs of active families.
This is my last post as part of the Maytag Moms Laundry Team. If you have any specific questions now or in the future about the Bravos XL, please contact me. I'll happily give sincere answers.
In the meantime, you may want to check out:
"I wrote this post participating in a Maytag Moms Dependable Laundry Ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Maytag. I was provided with a Maytag washer and dryer set to facilitate my post.”
Tiffany, I just bought a set at Home Depot, their Black Friday sale, for $998.00
That's a great deal, Suzette! I just took a look on Amazon and it looks like the washer is retailing for $800-$1100 and the dryer for $700-$1100.
How much does a set of these cost?
I am especially jealous of your comforter washing ability! It drives me nuts that I have to take our comforter to the cleaners or laundromat every time I have to wash it...