Hello there blue-eyes!
Today, you are one and a half. I want you to know – without a doubt or a question, for now and for always – that you are a dream come true.
You are sweet, smiley, serene, sensational. You are also a sensitive soul. You pick up on emotions in the room with acute awareness.
You are peaceful, pretty, and petite (everyone is always saying how tiny you are). You are *also* mischievous. I know all about your little schemes – dumping out the contents of the bathroom cupboards, excavating the pantry, etc.
Although you enjoy newness, it’s takes awhile for you to warm up. You are most content perched in my arms, your signature two fingers in your mouth (and one hand down my shirt – still working on that).
For the record…
- Favorite Things: wearing pretty dresses, carrying around baby dolls, reading books, spinning in circles, playing with your big sister
- Favorite Foods: apples, tomatoes, noodles, licorice
- Bedtime: Approximately 8:00 (But – you still wake in the night to nurse)
- Wake-up: Approximately 8:00
- Skills: walking, running, pointing at things, playing duck-duck-goose, coloring, comprehending most everything we say, sitting on the potty (and going sometimes), saying “hi’ and “duck” and “dad” and “dog” and “mama”
- Strengths: laidback, affectionate, a good listener
I love you, lovely. It’s going to be a joy to watch you grow up.
P.S. Please start talking more soon. I want to know what’s going on in that amazing little head of yours.