When we were pregnant with our first baby, we registered for and received an audio baby monitor. It served us well for the short time we had it, enabling us to hear our baby’s squeaks and squirms and cries from the adjacent room (***we co-slept for the majority of the first year, but our baby still went to sleep before we did…).
We currently have a video monitor in each of our girls rooms. It’s nice because if we hear a bump or a whimper in the night, we can peek in and know what the issue is right away. When we just had an audio monitor, we’d rush in at the slightest noise and, sometimes, we would end up waking up our daughter in the process! Now, we can see our girls from wherever we are in the house. It’s comforting to be able to see if they are sitting or crawling or if they bumped their heads, etc.
Here are the features that make it stand out from the rest:
- The video quality is much clearer than its competitors and the 2.5″ LCD screen is large enough to ensure good visibility.
- The system is reliable and rarely has any static.
- The base swivels around the room so if your baby moves, you can remotely keep the camera on your baby instead of sneaking in to adjust the position of the base.
- The camera also zooms in and out so you can ensure that your baby is the star of your show.
Summary: The BestView Handheld Color Video Monitor by Summer Infant is the 4th video monitor we have reviewed to date and it is the best – by far.
WIN IT! One winner will receive a BestView Handheld Color Video Monitor (~$199.99) by Summer Infant. To enter, leave any topic-related comment on this post prior to Monday, March 8th at 11:59 p.m. (Don’t forget to follow the rules…all generic comments like “Enter me!,” “Love it,” and “Cool stuff!” will be disqualified.).
* I received a product for review purposes.
*UPDATE* The winner is #66 Christy. Congratulations!