Healthy Chicken Apple Nuggets
Makes 20 nuggets
* 1 red or Gala apple peeled, cored, and grated
* 1/2 cup chopped red onion
* unbleached flour, for coating
* 3-4 TBS minced fresh parsley
* 1 TBS canola oil for pan-browning
* 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
* 3/4 cup raw oatmeal
* 1 TBS low sodium chicken broth
1. Wrap grated apple in paper towel and squeeze out excess juice.
2. Combine chicken, apple, onion, oats, broth, and parsley in food processor. Mix well. Spread about 2 TBS flour on a plate.
3. Hand-form rounded spoonfuls chicken mixture create small, round balls and roll them in the flour.
4. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pan-brown chicken nuggets until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
Delicious hot, cold, or added to soups and sauces!
*Make sure to wash hands, cutting board and utensils well after handling raw chicken.
(Recipe by: Christina Schmidt, creator of the The Baby Bistro Box and The Toddler Bistro Box)
(Photo by: beta karel)
Mmm, sounds good!