My husband is an extremely hands-on dad.
- changed my daughter’s diapers for the first week of her life (maybe more…that’s right, I didn’t even change one).
- sits with her while she goes potty and responds calmly to accidents.
- makes her laugh all of the time – he bounces her and tickles her and balances her way up in the air.
- is a pro at comforting her when she cries or gets hurts.
- lets her tag along when he’s working in the garage or trimming the trees or visiting the neighbors.
- bathes her, prays with her, shares his breakfast cereal with her.
That said, he’s not a big fan of baby gear – when he has to carry it, that is. He never has been one to wear a babycarrier and carrying a diaper bag just isn’t his favorite thing to do.
That’s why DadGear is a great company. They have a line of masculine bags designed specifically for dads.
From the website: “Our goal for DadGear products is not just neutral or non-feminine, but a masculine style that reflects who we are – guys who take pride in caring for their kids.”
I think the above statement is an important one – these products are not unisex. They’re designed with men in mind…and they’re specifically designed NOT to look like diaper bags.
Although DadGear offers messenger bags, sports bags, diaper vests (I can pretty much guarantee you he’ll take off that tag and never call it that again…), and cargo jackets, I think their backpacks are the very best idea. Backpacks are decidedly not like diaper bags – and the ones in the DadGear collection are high-quality and professional. Depending on which one you choose, your guy could easily stick one on his back for a hiking trip OR stop by at the office without hesitation. The best part about this pack, besides that it has a uber-cool design and tons of compartments and pouches, is the “secret” wipes dispenser. It’s easily accessible and hidden quite well.
If your husband is a new dad or a dad-to-be, check out DadGear. The backpacks retail for $92 and are sold online and at a variety of stores across the U.S.
WIN IT! One winner will receive a DadGear Backpack. To enter, leave a comment on this post prior to Tuesday, June 17 at midnight (don’t forget to follow the rules). * Winner must provide a U.S. mailing address.
*UPDATE* The winner is #280 Janet. Congratulations!