Can it be that you – my rosy-cheeked baby with the long lashes and rose-petal lips – are four?
Four seems perfectly ancient. You are so serious now, so wise, so angelically beautiful, so delightfully good. You no longer have the baby cheeks, the tiny voice.
You have blonde curly locks, falling around your face in perfect formation. Your penetrating blue eyes can be scalding or scintillating, depending on your mood. Your agile limbs are long and graceful. Your voice is strong, your mind is quick, and your vocabulary is extensive. You pick up on most everything we say now and you correct us if we say things that we shouldn’t (“we don’t say ‘HATE!'”).
You aim to please, but you also want to know why. You are suspicious of strangers, but you are a very loyal friend. You are easy to take most anywhere.
For the record…
- Favorite Colors: pink AND green [yes, pink snuck its way in…]
- Favorite Foods: cheesy cheesy macaroni from Trader Joe’s, french fries & ketchup, anything with sprinkles
- Favorite Books: chapter books (esp. Ramona) and Disney books
- Favorite Things: wearing fancy dresses, playing with other kids, eating at restaurants, hiking, crafting, doing things you’ve “never done before“
- Wake-up Time: Approximately 8:00am
- Bedtime: Approximately 8:30pm
- Skills: alphabet reciter, color-in-the-liner, super high jumper, fast runner, dextrous climber, able hiker and tricycle rider, book memorizer, expert tongue snapper (you can also spell your name and write several letters)
- Strengths: willing to try new things, excited about life, enthusiastic about learning, forgiving, happy, smart, opinionated, gently directs friends to do what is right
- Career Ambition: Doctor or Nurse
Sweet girl. Little Beauty. You are my firstborn, my friend. Four years ago, you turned my world upside-down and brought colors into my life that startled me with their vibrancy.
I can’t tell you how many times I look at you and my heart aches with pride. Just yesterday I told your dad, “She is one awesome kid.” And – seriously – you are.
I love you. I love watching you dazzle the world and fill it with light.