Have you ever noticed that cookbooks with titles like “super easy meals” and “meals in under 10 minutes” never quite live up to their promises? I have decided that there must be some huge discrepancy between what chefs think is easy and fast…and what moms think is easy and fast. Moms need baby-is-nursing, toddler-is-grumpy, house-is-messy, and I-need-to-have-dinner-on-the-table-right-now fast.
- 1 cup chopped onions (you can use frozen chopped onions…)
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen sliced bell peppers (or slice 2 fresh bell peppers)
- 1 1/2 lb. sliced beef fajita meat or steak, cut into strips
- 2 tsp. fajita seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 8 flour tortillas
- grated cheddar cheese and sour cream
- Place ingredients (except flour tortillas) into crock pot in order listed above.
- Cook 8 hours on low or 5 hours on high.
- Serve in flour tortillas with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Now, that’s easy!
YOUR TURN: What is your favorite easy recipe? I’d really like to try some new crock pot meals so please share any tried-and-true favorites that you have in that category. Thanks in advance!