Our oldest will turn three in September. I can’t believe it.
She was here:
And then she was HERE:
And now she is all grown up:
How did that happen?
Some people have asked whether we’ll send her to preschool.
The answer is “no.”
For starters, I can teach her all of the basics at home. She loves learning and has a natural curiosity that is absolutely charming.
- can sing her ABCs (she sometimes skips a letter or two, but she’s pretty close…)
- recognizes all of the letters in the alphabet
- knows all of her colors and shapes (except for octagon…we’re working on that)
- Uses scissors and glue and crayons like an old pro
- Uses big words like “actually” and “organize” and “Corduroy”
Secondarily, she gets plenty of social interaction “as is.” She is super close to her grandparents and she has friends galore to play with.
Finally – and perhaps most significantly – I’m not quite ready to let her go. Truth be told, I want her to be right here by my side. I want to be the one teaching her, laughing with her, influencing her heart and mind all day long. At least for now.
Besides, we like to be together. We like our days at home – me and her and her baby sis.
I know every family is different, every child is different, every situation is different – but that’s what we’re choosing (for now).
Needless to say, this weekend’s theme is a little funny since I’m not really the “expert” on back-to-school stuff. But I will share tips for teaching “littles” and relevant product reviews/giveaways as well. And maybe YOU can share some tips too since you might be more in-the-know about the topic…