But today…for now…we travel the world…through books and experiences and people. And we get away for an occasional weekend or week – exploring new sights, laughing with good friends.
That’s how it is when you have teeny tiny ones.
So, yesterday we escaped for a quick trip to Phoenix. And, when we arrived, a tornado warning was issued. That kind of thing never happens in Arizona. But we’re all safe and sound now…and the sun is shining.
In pre-kid years, I went to Pakistan and Pittsburgh and Puerto Vallarta.
Today, I go to the park and the playground and the corner Walgreens for a pack of gum.
But if you think that means my life is predictable and humdrum, you are quite mistaken.
Just in the past 24 hours, for example, we picked lemons off a lemon tree and made homemade pizza and saw an incredible marching band that walked right by our dinner table (The band consisted of my 3-year-old and Christine‘s almost-2-year-old…they circled the table again and again, beating plastic bowling pins together and singing, “We’re in a marching band!”). I should have taken a picture, but I was having too much fun.
Stay tuned for articles, product reviews, giveaways, and conversations about travel – at home, in our imaginations, and abroad.
As posts are published, I will add them to this post so that you can have a comprehensive spot to see my entire round-up.
- Does your baby like riding in the car? [GIVEAWAY: Britax Roundabout Convertible Car Seat, deadline: 1/31]
- 6 things to pack when traveling with small children by car
- What to Pack: TravelKiddy [GIVEAWAY: TravelKiddy, deadline: 2/1]
- What to Pack: Packing Cubes by eBags [GIVEAWAY: Packing Cubes Value Set, deadline: 2/1]
- What to Pack: A Cute Hat [GIVEAWAY: Plaid Hat and Scarf Set, deadline: 2/2]
- What to Pack: Jeans [GIVEAWAY: Rock Star Jeans by DownEast Basics, deadline: 2/2]
- What to Pack: A top that can be dressed up or down [GIVEAWAY: Women’s Cap Sleeve Cashmere V-Neck Sweater, deadline: 2/2]
- What to Pack It In: A Duffel Bag by High Sierra Sport Company [GIVEAWAY: Bag by High Sierra Sport Company, deadline: 2/2]