Can it really be?
It seems like just yesterday that I was pulling up to the birth center, singing through the contractions. One hour later, I was pushing on my hands and knees in the water.
Tim caught you from behind. When I looked back, he was standing there, holding you – the cord still connected – so proud.
You were a content baby from the very beginning. Happy. Gentle. Calm.
Come to think of it, I don’t really have any memories of you crying as an infant and, even now, your tears are few and far between.
That being said, you appear to have a keen sensitivity to the feelings of everyone around you. Your daddy and I would both describe you as “intuitive.” You are also bright and warmhearted and…you have a knock-out smile. Your presence is a sweet melody of harmony and peace in our house.
And the song of your life fills us with infinite joy.
Happy (almost) birthday, my baby girl. We love you. Oh.So.Much.
Stay tuned for musings, product reviews, and giveaways that are ideal for 1-year-olds (and their parents).
As posts are published, I will add them to this post so that you can have a comprehensive spot to see my entire round-up:
- 1st Bday: Episencial skincare products [GIVEAWAY: one of each of the products in Episencial’s line, deadline: 3-8]
- 1st Bday: BestView Handheld Color Video Monitor [GIVEAWAY: BestView Handheld Color Video Monitor, deadline: 3-8]
- 1st Bday: Agoo [GIVEAWAY: $50 gift certificate, deadline: 3-8]
- 1st Bday: Zak! and Baggino [GIVEAWAY: Sippy Cup and Flatware Set, deadline: 3-9]
- 1st Bday: Planet Wise & Softbums [GIVEAWAY: Diaper Pail Liner and Wet/Dry Bag by Planet Wise, deadline: 3-9]
- 1st Bday: Words to Remember [GIVEAWAY: Words to Remember journal, deadline: 3-9]
- 1st Bday: Anytime Nursing Gown by Bella Materna [GIVEAWAY: Anytime Nursing Gown, deadline: 3-9]
- 1st Bday: ionator HOM by Activeion [GIVEAWAY: ionator HOM, deadline: 3-9]
- 1st Bday: babyGAP [GIVEAWAY: denim jacket, size: 18-24 months, deadline: 3-9]