Have you ever had someone say something degrading to you, something that made you feel small? Perhaps they asked if you were pregnant (and you weren’t) or made a sarcastic remark about your personality that didn’t sit well in your soul or glared at you when your child was…ahem…not his best at Target.
It’s funny how just one small thing – one negative word or roll of the eyes or angry honk of a horn – can totally damper our day. Things can go from bright to bleak and gray in about two seconds flat.
Alternatively, it only takes the tiniest action to splash some color into a person’s day. A cup of chicken noodle soup delivered to a front door. A genuine compliment. A warm smile from across the room.
I am convinced that life is about the small things – the little choices we make ever day to love our families, our neighbors, and the strangers that we pass at the grocery store and the ice cream shop.
Mother Teresa was right when she said, “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.”
That’s what this weekend is about. I’ll be sharing ideas…just small ideas…that we can do to bring beauty and COLOR into our corners of the world.
Stay tuned for articles, giveaways, and conversations about small acts of goodness.
As posts are published, I will add them to this post so that you can have a comprehensive spot to see my entire round-up:
- the closest ones
- *Giveaway* Stay Home, Stay Happy [GIVEAWAY: 1 copy of “Stay Home, Stay Happy” by Rachel Capos-Duffy, Deadline: 2-14]
- Make Someone’s Day — Give…Photos
- *Giveaway* HP Photosmart A646 Compact Photo Printer [GIVEAWAY: HP Photosmart A646 Compact Photo Printer, Deadline: 2-15]
- Make Someone’s Day — Give…Baked Goods [GIVEAWAY: Wilton Baking Prize Pack, Deadline: 2-16]
- Make Someone’s Day — Give…Dinner [1 FREE month to all Metropolitan Mama readers, Promo Code expires 2/15]
- Just Say It