- For one, it’s Small(er) than traditional grocery stores, which I appreciate.
- And then there’s the Free Sample Counter. Need I say more? It’s awesome.
- And we musn’t forget the wine-tasting. Again, self-explanatory.
- The organic selection is top-rate. This is important because we buy only organic whole milk (we’ve been doing this for several years now) and lately we buy only organic meat. On top of those two things, Tim & I both think organic produce TASTES better than non-organic (is that possible?).
- The balloons at check-out make my 3-year-old very happy.
Last week, the sample at the counter was Macaroni and Cheese. They also had Green Juice.
The mac & cheese was super tasty, despite the fact that it came from a frozen TV-dinner style box. I was surprised that it had REAL cheese on top (none of that powdered Fake-roni stuff in the blue box).
I poured 1/2 a dixie cup.
“She’s brave,” the guy in the hawaiian shirt behind the counter said.
She took a swallow and I would have asked her if she liked it, but I already knew by her expression and the fact that she was waving the glass in my direction, wildly.
“It can’t be THAT bad,” I thought, taking a sip.
I almost gagged. Literally. But I tried to smile and cover it up.
Apparently, my acting attempt was mediocre at best. The guy behind the counter looked amused, “Do you want some peach juice?” Yes, we did. Two full glasses, in fact.
Oh, and I now have 3 boxes of TJ’s Macaroni & Cheese in my freezer.
Do you shop at Trader Joe’s? What are your favorite things to buy there?