Sometimes I wish I could open up my heart and just lay it out right here on the screen.
Even with a million disclaimers, it’s hard to say things exactly right.
There are lots of issues I am passionate about (birth, breastfeeding, babywearing, education, adoption, philanthropy, real foods, good books), but I care more about you than about any issue. How do I convey that?
I want to express the benefits of breastfeeding, without making you feel bad if you didn’t.
I want to talk about whole foods, while still conveying that I would share a frozen pizza with your family in a heartbeat.
I know that you have a story. You have reasons. You are still learning and growing. So am I (believe me – SO AM I). You have things to teach me. And I have things to share with you.
I hope someday we have an opportunity to meet in-person. When we do, you’ll see that…
- I’m not shy, but I’m also not all-sanguine.
- I tend to think before I speak.
- As a result, I often think of the perfect thing to say…after a conversation has ended.
- I usually have a baby on my hip or a preschooler tugging on my hand.
- I refuse to gossip.
- But I like to compliment people behind their backs.
- I smile frequently.
- I’m casual – in dress and personality.
- I’d much rather hang out with you at the park or on one of our front porches…
- than be at a big party with loud music and high heels.
- I like to ask questions (and listen to answers).
- I love God, Tim, and my kids – fiercely.
- I’m not perfect.
Which bloggers have you met “in real life”? Were they about the same as you expected? Do you think blogs are an accurate reflection of the people writing them?