Note to Curly-Haired Girls: Try layers.
My little sister cut my hair about a month ago. She gave me layers (for the first time ever)…and I am never going back!
I originally got the idea from you (my wonderful readers!) AND from “Curly Girl: The Handbook” by Lorraine Massey.
Published in 2011, the book is a celebration of curls. It talks about hair care, styling, and products (and has tons of pictures – my favorite part!).
Here are a few of my current hair care practices:
- I take a shower and condition my hair every day (but I only shampoo once a week…if that).
- I almost always use a little hair gel/cream and then let my hair “air-dry.”
- My favorite curly hair product is CurlKeeper, but it’s too expensive for my budget.
- My go-to hair styles are: (1) down and freestyle OR (2) pulled up way on top of my head, curls cascading everywhere.
WIN IT! One winner will receive a copy of “Curly Girl: The Handbook” by Lorraine Massey! To enter, leave any topic-relatedcomment on this post prior to Tuesday, March 15th at 11:59 p.m. All generic comments like “Enter me!,” “Love it,” and “Cool stuff!” will be disqualified. Winner must provide a US mailing address.
* Workman Publishing sent me a book for review purposes and is also providing 1 book for the giveaway.
*UPDATE* The winner is #32 Shannon Baas. Congratulations!