Some people feel all glamorous and glowing when they are pregnant. I never did.
On the contrary, I felt plump and pooped and predictable.
When I look back at myself, however, I realize that I looked kinda cute. Hindsight is always 20/20, right?
From Left to Right: 16 weeks, 22 weeks, 9 days before I delivered my baby
So two pieces of advice:
- Take a lot of pictures…even if you feel ugly. You can always delete them later if you despise them. That’s the beauty of digital photography.
- Buy a few high-quality maternity pieces. If you can only buy one nice thing, buy designer jeans. It may seem a bit ridiculous to pay $100+ for an item that you can only wear 9 months, but I think it’s worth it for a little self-esteem booster during pregnancy. I had a pair of Mamasita jeans from Chip & Pepper that made me feel great every time I slipped them on – even on the day I went into labor!
Speaking of maternity clothes that will make you feel fabulous…
One mama-to-be will win this fantastic fall maternity wardrobe from Moody Mamas (click to enlarge each item and/or to see more details):
From Left to Right:
- Long Sleeve V-Neck Dress ($75)
- Box Pleat Shirt ($66)
- Captivating Cap Sleeve Dress ($68)
- Blissful Box Pleat Shirt ($55 – sorry, it doesn’t come with that adorable hat)
- Cute Cowl Neck Dress ($65)
The Moody Mamas collection is available online and at Nordstrom.
***If you’re a bargainista, you’ll particularly appreciate the “Steals & Deals” section of the Moody Mamas website.
WIN IT! One winner will receive all five of the items pictured above from Moody Mamas (package valued at over $330!). To enter, leave any topic-related comment on this post prior to Wednesday, October 28th at 11:59 p.m. (Don’t forget to follow the rules…all generic comments like “Enter me!,” “Love it,” and “Cool stuff!” will be disqualified.).
*UPDATE* The winner is #31 Sara. Congratulations!