When you stirred this morning by my side, I quietly sang “Happy Birthday” in your ear.
I thought about you –
- You are beautiful – with rosy cheeks, baby blue eyes, & sweet little lips.
- Your name means “peace” and you almost always exemplify that quality.
- You love your big sister something fierce.
- You say lots of words (dog, please, pink, mama, daddy, yes, no, cheese, me, baby – especially “baby”).
- You love babies – both real and pretend.
- Your favorite books are “All the World” and “Only You.”
- Your favorite movie is – surprise! – “Babies.”
- Your favorite place is in my arms.
- You’re not a big eater and you are teeny tiny, but you do love butter, milk, and cheese (which is ironic).
- When there is conflict, you tend to hide (like me).
- You still nurse at night…but
- you insist that you are not a baby.
For the record, I don’t believe in the TERROR-able twos. BUT, you did have a rough day today. I’m hoping it was just a case of the birthday grumpies (sometimes you and your sister get that).
In the afternoon, we sang to you and you grinned from ear-to-ear as we served up plates of homemade New York Cheesecake, topped with cherries.
At dinner, I made salad and you chose blue cheese dressing. Your sister prayed before our meal, “Lord, may you be my leader. I love you…and my entire family does too.”
I hope you pray that same prayer someday. I think I’m going to pray it tonight too.