The Medela Pump in Style Advanced is a dual-electric breast pump with 2-Phase Expression pumping, an advanced pumping pattern that mimics a baby’s nursing rhythm by pumping in two distinct modes. The Limited Edition breast pump comes in a stylish bag with the following accessories:
- Removable cooler carrier
- Removable motor unit
- Double pumping accessory kit
- AC adapter
- 4 collection containers and lids
- Breastfeeding Information Guide
- Free breastpumping accessory samples
- Completely removable internal parts, so the bag can be used long after mom’s done pumping
- Removable work surface provides a clean place for mom to work with
- Color-coordinated cooler bag keeps milk cool for 12 hours
- Two mesh storage bags designed to hold loose pieces and parts in between pumping sessions
Utility: The Pump in Style is a powerful and effective machine. It was surprisingly easy to assemble, use, and clean. The suction felt strangely similar to my baby’s suckle and I was able to express an impressive quantity of milk (2-7 ounces) at each sitting (approximately 20 minutes).
Appearance: The Limited Edition bag is trendy and professional, especially in chocolate brown. I plan to use the bag even after my pumping days are over.
- When you get “hooked up” to the machine, it is almost impossible to do anything else. Your hands are occupied with the collection containers and thus even reading is a difficult task. If you are a single parent or will be pumping alone, this is extremely inconvenient because, if the baby starts to cry, it would be quite an ordeal to get “unhooked” in the middle of a pumping session.
- The noise, although not loud or disruptive, is not peaceful.
- The pump is quite pricey, $320 at most retailers (Babies-R-Us, Target, etc.).
OVERALL RATING: 4 stars (1 being lavishly over-priced and difficult to use and 5 being amazingly easy/couldn’t-be-better)