Have you ever seen the movie “What Women Want,” starring Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt? Quick Overview: Mel’s character gains the ability to read womens’ thoughts…and he quickly discovers that their thoughts are going in a hundred different directions at about a mile a minute.
I laughed out loud; the producer got it exactly right.
Here’s a snapshot of where my mind went this morning on my 1.5 mile run. I was rockin’ to Third Day, Sondre Lerche, Mark Schultz, and Black Eyed Peas (a motley crew, I know).
- Walmart has terrible meat. We’ve almost become temporary vegetarians because of it. Somehow we never park at a campground near Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, or other respectable grocery stores.
- You would think that produce would be bountiful here on this green coast, but that’s not the case. Tim & I are convinced that all good produce goes to Whole Foods and Costco – regardless of where the farms are or where you live. Supply and Demand, baby.
- My one material wish these days is for a Kindle. I already know what books I’m going to purchase as soon as the device is in my hands – the top 5 bestselling business books, One Thousand Gifts, Hunger Games, and Colleen’s new book.
- I also need shorts. I have none. But it’s getting too hot for jeans.
- We are living very frugally this year though. After all, we did manage to save up and travel the country in an RV for a year – without debt. I’m proud of that (and willing to not have shorts and a Kindle just yet).
- Metropolitan Mama is ready for a fresh blog design. New colors – pink has to go. I like pink, but…I want my first impression to be stronger, more diverse.
- New header. My first choice is to hire an artist to hand-draw the header for me (know anyone?).
- I hope people understand what this year is about for us – it’s infinitely more than volunteering. It’s about learning HOW to give, how to live. It’s about taking a risk. It’s about seeing the world. It’s about breaking free. It’s about pressing in. It’s about holding my kids close…and learning to let go. It’s about re-discovering what matters most.
- How can we possibly write about everything that we are experiencing?
- How can I take what is in my heart and type it out on your screen?
- Should I write short snippets? Or wait to reflect?
- I can’t wait to go west.
- I wonder where we’ll end up.