When it comes to fashion, I am a dichotomy of sorts:
- I don’t like the disorganization or the “ick factor” of thrift stores.
- BUT I shop at them because I can find like-new, completely-new, and vintage-cool stuff at them…for rockin’ prices.
- I try not to buy articles of clothing that are over $20.
- BUT I make an exception for bras, jeans, and shoes. And fancy dresses.
- I don’t really have a “fashion icon.”
- BUT if I had to pick one famous person who best exemplifies my ideal style, it would probably be Queen Rania of Jordan.
- In my dreams, I wear super-cool dresses, frilly skirts, steep high heels, modern business suits, and chic accessories.
- BUT – in reality – you can usually find me wearing a pair of designer jeans and a dark-colored tee, tank, or hoodie.
- If I could shop absolutely anywhere, I’d probably choose Nordstrom, Chip & Pepper, and small boutique shops.
- BUT – in reality – I don’t shop very often. When I do shop…I go to Gap, Target, Nordstrom Rack, etc.
- I know that people make judgements about my character and competence based on how I dress so I strive to look pleasant and professional.
- BUT I also acknowledge that clothing is superficial and the truth is that I’d rather spend my money helping people.
Over the next few days, I’ve put together a mini-series of giveaways that revolve around fashion. I hope you’ll enjoy perusing pretty things – for yourself and your kids (and entering to win too).
I’ll link all giveaways to this master post for your convenience. All giveaways will close on Saturday, July 17th, at 11:59pm.
- Cake Lingerie – Plum Pudding maternity/nursing bra & panty set
- Bravado! Designs – Sublime Nursing Bra
- Petunia Pickle Bottom – Picnic in Provence Boxy Backpack
- Lands’ End – Toddler or Kids’ Outfit
- Lil’ Dressers – Drawer Labels Package
- UV Skinz – Sun Protective Swimshirt
- Undertease – Cap Sleeve Tee
- Maurices – $60 gift card
- GlassesUSA – single vision eyeglasses
- Vincent Shoes – $50 gift card
- Robeez – pair of shoes (0-24 months)
- Eleven Collection – pair of shoes (ages 3-8)
What is your “fashion philosophy”? Who is your “fashion icon”? What are your favorite stores to shop at?